Please note that no information or answers to any questions or any other material in this website establishes an attorney-client relationship and that the information contained on the website is not confidentially provided. For more information and for a FREE, confidential consultation with attorney Steven Atsalis, you can call toll-free at 1-800-787-8281.
Below is a list of mistakes that may cost you as an accident/injury victim with information concerning how to avoid them and get paid as much as possible from your injury case.
After any accident/injury, above all remember to talk to a personal injury lawyer first-do not wait. The longer you wait, the greater the risk will be of making mistakes that could cost you a fortune.
Until you have talked to a lawyer:
- DO NOT talk to any insurance adjusters. They do not work for you. They work for an insurance company and often for the person who hurt you. They are expected to and hope to settle with you for as little money as possible or to find a way to pay you nothing at all. They are usually skilled professionals. Never trust them or underestimate them.
- DO NOT admit fault or that you were to blame. Maybe you were not at fault, and you may not have all the facts.
- DO NOT allow anyone (except a very close friend or family member that you trust) to record your voice, videotape you, or interview you. If you get a lawyer first, you can tell anyone who wants to record, tape, or interview you to talk to your lawyer.
- DO NOT let anyone repair or destroy your vehicle, if it has been involved in an accident. If you hire a lawyer first, the lawyer will probably want an expert to examine it and photograph it before it gets repaired or destroyed. There could be a defective part responsible for the accident/injury, and the manufacturer of the vehicle may be to blame.
- DO NOT sign anything. If you do, you may be falling into a trap.
- DO NOT hesitate. Take pictures of your injuries. Ask a close friend that you trust to photograph you and videotape you as soon as possible after your accident to show how severe your injuries are. Pictures are worth thousands of words and sometimes worth thousands or even millions of dollars.
- DO NOT wait for a fair offer. How will you know if it is fair without advice from a lawyer?
- DO NOT assume that all victims like you receive the same amount of money. Awards can vary greatly among people who have similar injuries. Do not be fooled.
- DO NOT assume that only one insurance company will pay for everything. There could be more than one insurance company responsible for paying you, including you own.
- DO NOT let the time to sue run out. If you wait to see how you heal, you may miss out on any and all money that you could have received.
For more information and for a FREE talk with Steven Atsalis, Personal Injury Lawyer, you can call TOLL-FREE 1-800-787-8281.